Friday, October 10, 2014

Lovely Movies: The Tale of Princess Kaguya

You're probably not surprised to hear that I will go and watch any Studio Ghibli movie, when given the chance. So when the latest one hit a cinema near me, I made sure to go see it while it was still playing on the big screen.


It wasn't directed by Miyazaki and definitely has a different feel from all the other movies. Not just story-wise, but it was also very visible in the style of the animation. This one was all watercolor, and visually breathtaking, really.


Like many of the others, the ending makes very little sense. But it was still a wonderful movie. Sad at times, as it shows the unhappiness tradition can cause, but it also had moments of great everyday joy. And beautiful music!

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this, so behind on my anime news. This looks gorgeous! Love the illustrated look .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one to add to the list - thanks for keeping me updated on all things ghibli :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this at the cinema today too! So beautiful!
    I'm supposed to be going to the Studio Ghibli museum in Tokyo on Thursday but it looks like my flight to Tokyo is cancelled due to the typhoon. A bit stressed about it all. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...