Friday, January 18, 2013

Lovely Movies: Populaire

Mix French cinema with '50s fashion and I have got to be there! So when someone told me about the film "Populaire" I rushed to the cinema at the very last day they showed it. And I'm so glad I made it!


To begin with, it was super stunning! I love how the French still make movies look old if they're set a few decades back. -Like the other amazing film: Le Havre!- And of course those '50s dresses help too. I also really liked the leading lady, she had a bit of a clumsy beauty about her, and felt slightly Auburn-esque even.


Though the story wasn't complex and perhaps a tiny bit predictable, it was still full of surprises and just a delight to watch. I already look forward to seeing it again some day.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh looks interesting, will have to check this out..thanks!! xx

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to have to give this a watch! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks wonderful! love anything french, and the lead lady's outfits seem really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...