Thursday, January 8, 2015

Mixed Shelf #22

On a bit of a whim, I ordered a recent release of one of my favorite authors growing up. I absolutely sped through it, and actually already finished it this week. It was wonderful, so I thought I'd still share it in a Mixed Shelf post.


Wanting: The Penguin Complete Novels of Nancy Mitford
I have to admit I'm actually quite unfamiliar with Nancy Mitford, however the things I did hear were positive. Apparently she had a wonderful sense of humor, which makes her high-society satire stories very entertaining -and incredibly fast- to read. So I am quite intrigued. And the wonderful cover doesn't hurt either, right?!



Reading: Opal Plumstead by Jacqueline Wilson
As mentioned, I used to love Jacqueline Wilson! And as it turns out, I still do! This was a marvelous read. I related to Opal on a bunch of levels, and  share her passion for art, fairies and women's rights. I got so invested in this story, that I could hardly close the book at night. To sleep again, I resolved to reading the last 150 pages one afternoon.


Waiting: Three Novels of New York by Edith Wharton
I don't think I need to explain this was a cover-buy. Even the back contains a beautiful illustration instead of a synopsis, as do the gorgeous French flaps. As a cherry on top, it has deckled edges! Also, it was an absolute bargain, so I really could not resist. I do, of course, intend to read it as well. They are well known classics after all.



Have you picked up any childhood favorites again recently? Or have you read any of the authors above?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...