Thursday, December 24, 2009


Wishlist

Although I love to do creative things and often do them without hesitating or really thinking, there are some things, such as drawing (but not painting somehow), that I often don't dare in fear of failure. I know it's stupid and I should just do it but I guess It's an emotional block. It seems I'm not the only one 'cause books on that matter are currently popping up like mushrooms. I find them very inspiring and unique and they can teach you great things about creativity and life.


You might know Keri Smith's "Wreck This Journal", it's a book that tries to loosen you up on a creative level, with little drawing exercises and a fair share of demolition. I've had that one for a while now and even though I find it hard to everything, I still enjoy the book very much. So much that I'm already dying to get one of Keri's other books "How to be an explorer of the world" which teaches you to view the world in a different way and notice the little things more often.



I'm currently reading a lovely little book by Dan Price on "How to make a journal of your life". It seemed like a great book to read because I'm addicted to buying notebooks I often don't write in them because I can't seem to fill them the way I wish I could. I also have another book he wrote on my wishlist: "Radical Simplicity". Which teaches you to live a happy life with less.


Another book I'd love to read is " the Creative License" which could offer a solution to the drawing problem and looks like it could be a lot of fun.

There must be many more on these subjects, have you read any good ones?

1 comment:

  1. i hate the creative license book and it sure is inspirational :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...