Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just a Little Update

I woke up to a white world today, and although I new it could be coming I didn't expect it at all. To me, snow often leads to a cozy day at home, which brings me to the next topic. I still have to leave the house this evening for the final part of my photography workshop. On my way there last time I spotted this little Japanese gallery, I'm planning to get there early today so I can have a peek there as well, it's the ikoi-gallery and it seems pretty cool.

Anyway the photography class was about live photography, at concerts. You got to pick between different genres of music and I chose singer/songwriter, which turned out to have the worst possible lighting. Even some others with way better (read: more expensive) cameras where having lots of trouble.

I went through my shots at home and I think this one came out best:


After going to the concert, well technically not after, since I didn't stay till the very end, I went to the Angelique Houtkamp signing which I told you about earlier. I didn't but the book, but I got a postcard signed and asked someone to take a picture of the two of us.

Here's a picture of the window display:


It was a great day with a lot of lovely unexpected conversations and even a new baboushka ring. And guess what? The doorbell just rang and a package arrived, I've been doing surveys and got a coupon, which was exactly the amount of money for a book I've been wanting to get, so today Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto arrived, totally free.

Also I have a little announcement to make: I'll be opening an etsy store soon. I still have to take some pictures and I hope to have everything done either this week or the next. And then finally, after crocheting my butt, of I'll have some things to show you.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...