Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mixed Shelf #3

I am thoroughly enjoying these book posts! Hope you don't mind I'm still on a magical kick. I just love a bit of magic! What can I say…  it's easier to get in books. Also, the covers tend to be so much prettier than those of regular novels.


Wanting: the Folk Keeper by Franny Billingsley
Apart from the fact that -yes, here we go again- this has a most stunning illustration on the cover, I am dying to read this story! I think I'll just go ahead and order it. It's a coming of age story of a girl with magical abilities that has to dress up as a boy in order to work as a folk keeper. There should be magical creatures involved too!



Reading: the Tree Shepherd's Saughter by Gillian Summers
This started out a bit annoying as the main character can whine quite a bit, however, I persevered and within a few pages found myself carried off to the fantasy fair where Keelie is now forced to live with her father because her down-to-earth Californian mother has passed away. It's magical and intriguing, and great so far!



Waiting: Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris by R.L. LaFevers

One of the reasons I haven't started this book yet, is because it's the second in a series of four. Do I think that this really matters when following the story? No. It's a brand new Theodosia mystery and probably doesn't need any explaining of the past. Anyway, stunning hardcover! I got it super cheap and it's still low price today...



What are you reading? Anything good you'd like to share? Or have you read any of the above, perhaps?

4 comments:

  1. i'm enjoying these posts too!
    i've just finished fangirl by rainbow rowell - it's adorable.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts on all the different books you find! It gives me ideas on new books to read ;o)
    The Folk Keeper caught my eye the most. I may have to also invest in a copy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these books, but then again, I'm not such a great reader at all. I'm about to finish The Geography of Bliss, which I really like and I'm currently waiting for the Restaurant of Love Regained to arrive in the mail :p.

    Have a fun week, Laura! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, I love the Faire Folk Trilogy. I posted a review of it on my old blog (I thought it migrated to my new one, but I guess not...) Wood you be so kind as to check it out? It'd be like a book club!

    http://www.freewebs.com/queercat/apps/blog/show/5776081

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...