Friday, November 19, 2010

Lovely Movies

Often I find that the big comedy actors, such as Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey, are great in serious movies. And when I spotted the cover of "Reign Over Me" I thought that it might be the same with Adam Sandler(even though I'm not to big a fan of most of his movies). On top of that the movie also features Don Cheadle, Donald Sutherland, Saffron Burrows and Liv Tyler, so it couldn't go wrong really.


However... I didn't expect it to be this amazing! It is truly a great movie. I know I love most movies I've just seen, but this one really is amazing.
It is realistic, funny, sad and the acting is superb. Especially the scene where Adam Sandler's character opens up to his parents in law(don't click if you don't want spoilers;), I was moved to tears but also had to laugh a little and that is a hard combination to achieve.


This is one I could definitely watch again soon and I have plans of doing just that. I can't believe I pulled this one out of a sale bin.

Oh, and one more thing. Watch the extras on the dvd!

2 comments:

  1. . . . hi ho night owl ;) yeah, you are right, every "sandlerfilm" has a message, deep inside for us to find out ;))
    hugs
    guido

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...