Monday, June 20, 2011

I thought it was a bird, but it was just a paper bag.

So I just came back from seeing the movie Brides Maids, a special sort of free premiere I'd won tickets for. More on that later, for now though: Fiona Apple. The song Paper Bag was featured in the movie and I was instantly reminded of how much I love it!


And it has such a pretty video too:


Another song I love is After You've Gone, now technically this isn't a Fiona Apple song, it's from the 1920's, but I love her version. And it's the one I stick to when I play it on the guitar and sing it myself.


Anyway, she reminds me so much of Piper Perabo (and a bit of Regina Spektor too). I think both of them look a lot like Sims, now I don't mean this in a bad way at all, but they just remind me of them, it's something in the way the eyes and eyebrows move together and something in the jaw line. Anyone else thought that too?

2 comments:

  1. Wow she has a really lovely voice. I'm off to see Bridesmaids on Friday with some girlfriends. I hope you enjoyed it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased Fiona Apple tickets and I'm SOOOOOO excited. She's pretty much my favorite person!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...