Friday, October 22, 2010

Lovely Movies

When "New York, I Love You" was released I knew I had to see it, especially due to the marvelous Natalie Portman. However I hadn't had the chance yet to see it's prequel: "Paris, je t'aime". Thankfully the two movies consist of completely different storylines(and lots of them), so it doesn't really matter which one you watch first.

They are mosaic movies and provide a strange experience. Seeing so many different stories in an hour and a half seems impossible, when I finished watching I felt like I had just come back from a mini-vacation.


If you think it will be chaotic or that they won't take enough time for every scene, you couldn't be further from the truth. They are very slow paced and even though there definitely is a storyline in each and every scene, it is more about the overall vibe.


Both are filled with amazing actresses/actors and directors, but I prefer the second movie. It was somehow more cohesive and held a few extraordinary stories!

But I enjoyed them both tremendously and I would definitely recommend them! So next time you're in the mood for one of those slow "mainstream-arthouse-movies", you might wanna think of one of these.

Just a Little Update

It has been one hectic week, which left me with no energy at all for blogging. However I did make some plans for the blog as well as the shop. I even went shopping for packaging supplies yesterday, including for Christmas which is getting closer and closer.
And I can tell you there will be at least one giveaway in the near future! But more on that later...


3 comments:

  1. Great tip, I forgot about these movies will watch soon!
    Simone MooiVintage.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of either of these movies but I'll be sure to look into them. From the way you've described them they sound similar to the way Love Actually is done which I adore.

    Eek, I keep forgetting how close Christmas actually is now! I need to start planning so I don't leave shopping to the last minute this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...