Friday, May 6, 2016

Lovely Movies: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Now I wouldn't exactly call this a "lovely" movie, but it's a very good one that tells a very important tale. I still remember being very shocked the first time I saw it. Less so when I saw it again this week, but I still cried.


I'd actually be a little worried if you could watch this movie without crying at all. Granted, it didn't pack quite the punch that Grave of the Fireflies did, but it still hits you were it hurts. And that's exactly what it should do.


Now, every year in May we have memorials for the war victims and a celebration of freedom and peace, and I have to admit that some years I dodge all the war movies and pop in a dvd of my own, but this year I decided to watch this powerful story again. I have not read the book, so I can not recommend that, but the film is absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...