Friday, September 19, 2014

Mixed Shelf #14

Every once in a while I have a huge Japanese reading kick. Now is definitely one of those times! I'm currently engrossed in an amazing book and it is making me very excited about reading a lot more Japanese fiction again.


Wanting: 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
It has been a while since I read any Murakami. I mentioned I got stuck in one of his books and it has put me off trying any others. Which makes hardly any sense, since he was always one of my favorite authors. Of course there is his brand new release, but I have to admit I'm way more curious about 1Q84. Despite its gigantic page count...


Reading: A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
One of my birthday gifts this year! I planned to start this a lot sooner, but I am very glad I kept it until now. It's the perfect book for this time of the year, or maybe even this time of my life. Anyway, I'm enjoying it tremendously! It's a novel, but half of it often confuses me (in a good, and very enchanting, way!) because of it's many autobiographical elements.



Waiting: Hardboiled & Hard Luck by Banana Yoshimoto
Banana Yoshimoto is one of my absolute favorite authors, if not my nr. 1… so it's quite surprising that I have never read the first book of hers I ever bought. In fact I only read half of the books on my Banana-shelf. I just like to spread them out so I can pick one up whenever I feel like it. And thankfully she's still writing and releasing books too.



Are you into Japanese fiction? And if so, can you recommend any nice novels? I'd love to hear about some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...