Monday, January 23, 2012

Marvelous Music: Melody Gardot

It was years ago when I first spotted an article about Melody Gardot. Somehow I didn't get round to actually listening to her music until a few weeks ago. I probably should have done it sooner, as I simply adore her music now.


I did soon order two of her CDs and I've been playing them like crazy. It's yet again a perfect Sunday morning cd, but I could listen to it 24/7.


Apart from having an amazing voice, she plays the guitar, the piano and writes her own songs.


She actually started playing the guitar after she got hit by a Jeep when she was nineteen. I find stories like that so inspiring. It's very similar to what happened to Frida Kahlo and I always take comfort in the knowledge that you can take something good out of bad things.

Anyway, enjoy these songs!

6 comments:

  1. oh I love this lady. I discovered her some time early last year and she is amazing. and your new blog design is pretty awesome by the way :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of her, thanks for sharing marvelous music! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you... and thank you :) and, my home is not nearly that neat most of the time. ahah. but then again, i like it messy but organized; it shows it's being enjoyed! or so i tell myself.

    but more importantly, THANK YOU for the great taste in music :) i'm inclined to start posting more music on my blog now too. i heart, heart, HEART good tunes to just BE to!

    have a good night... it's nearly 4am here, i should be going to bed if i want a couple of hours sleep. but this is what happens when i stay up reading. bc it transitions over to blogging. and before i know it, sun rise!

    okay, i'm stopping. lols.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo thanks for sharing! and I hadn't seen your new blog layout- it's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing! She seems amazing and I have never heard of her!
    -Miranda
    http://paperthoughtsfabricdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...