Monday, January 16, 2012

Marvelous Music: Madeleine Peyroux

Madeleine Peyroux was definitely a love-at-first-sight- or listen -experience for me. Her voice is reminiscent of Billie Holiday, but a lot softer. And her songs are always amazing.


I recently added a new cd of hers to my growing collection, it is quite different from the more jazzy ones I had, but just as amazing.


Can you see how this is the perfect Sunday morning music?
Imagine the early morning sun seeping through the window, a nice and special breakfast, perhaps you even add magazine or book to the mix, while you hear Madeleine Peyroux's songs come from the cd player...
Makes me look forward to the weekend already!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, she's great! I've never heard of Madeleine Peyroux before. I'll definitely be looking up more of her music, especially if it's a bit jazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...10 seconds into this song and, SOLD! :)
    see, this is why I like blogging... exposure to new music, new people, new interests, new everything - that i wouldn't have the come across otherwise! thank you.
    but, i do have to disagree with you on one slight thing: CD PLAYER!? NO... turntable! i'd love this on vinyl... and will mos def keep my eyes and ears open for one of those serendiputous moments :) --is 'serendiputous' even a word? ahah.

    anyways, i'm glad you came by! i hope we can stay connected!!!

    and how you felt about seeing VEER-ZAARA on my profile is how i did when i saw PERSEPOLIS on yours!!! :) way too cool... you know, i have lifelong friends who haven't even seen them, smh!!! ahah.

    peace and hearts,
    d

    http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...