Friday, September 28, 2012

Lovely Movies: My Neighbour Totoro

Totoro has to be one of the best characters Studio Ghibli has ever given us! I wish I could make friends with a friendly furry creature myself, or get one of those convenient cat-busses. But since those odds are pretty low, I just bought the dvd instead.


As far as the actual story goes, it is pretty simple. But it has so many wonderful characters and situations, that it never gets boring or predictable.


The credits are stunning as well! And the song always makes me smile. Sometimes I actually play it when I need something to lift my mood. Works like a charm!

7 comments:

  1. I've never seen this, but I've wanted to for YEARS. I really gotta get my butt in gear and watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Totoro! He's so stinking cute! My fav is the bit where he jumps to get the raindrops to hit the umbrella :) And Catbus is just beyond awesome, with his little mouse lights at the back :)
    I'm actually making a giant pink Totoro for my sweet friend's baby's 1st birthday!
    Luvluv,
    Sway xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen it but I probably should the amount of times I've heard it recommended! My favourite studio ghibli film by FAR (that I've seen) is Kiki's delivery service. I just love stories about little witches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totoro is my most favorite EVER!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best movie ever. I LOVE Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki movies, they are all wonderful, but Totoro will forever be my favorite. Have you seen Whisper of the Heart? That is my second favorite. Very simple and sweet just like Totoro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all movies by Studio Ghibli, but Totoro definately is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...