Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Figs from the Oven: a Recipe

As I mentioned, I've been watching a lot of cooking shows lately and it's inspiring me to make some nicer meals myself. When I spotted some gorgeous figs at the greengrocer's I knew they'd make a perfect lunch.
Next time I host a party, I'll be sure to bring these ladies out! What a nice and healthy treat!
And they're actually incredibly easy to make. Here's how:

  • Cut your figs cross-wise.
  • Put them in an oven dish.
  • Gently push some of the goat's cheese into the space you made by cutting the figs.
  • Pour some honey over it.
  • Sprinkle with some pepper.
  • Pop in the oven at 400ºF/200ºC for about 15 minutes.
  • When they're nearly done, put your bread in the toaster to make sure it's all ready at the same time.
  • And then just enjoy!


12 comments:

  1. Ooooo. I love this idea. It's hard to find figs around here but I hope I can and then I am DEFINITELY making this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this looks delicious. Will definitely be trying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, this looks tasty ~ I love figs with mascarpone and spiced wine syrup and I may just try this recipie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had figs (how bad is that? xD) but this looks pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks delish! the figs we can get here are never really ripe, so baking them with honey might just bring their flavour out. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh, this sounds lovely! Thanks for sharing, I will definitely have to try this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had a fig besides the ones in fig newtons, haha, but this sounds so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, yum?! Need to try this, but I've never made figs before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I actually never knew figs looked like that in the middle. They're kind of gorgeous, actually. Will need to try this sometime! :)

    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! How did I not find your blog before?! This look incredible and I am a total fig fiend! Can't wait to try it!
    Loving your blog - you got a new follower right here!
    Luvluv,
    Sway xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. *delish* and anything with goat cheese as an ingredient is fine by me! Happy weekend....may it be filled with more new recipes and good eats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...