As I mentioned, I've been watching a lot of cooking shows lately and it's inspiring me to make some nicer meals myself. When I spotted some gorgeous figs at the greengrocer's I knew they'd make a perfect lunch.
Next time I host a party, I'll be sure to bring these ladies out! What a nice and healthy treat!
And they're actually incredibly easy to make. Here's how:
- Cut your figs cross-wise.
- Put them in an oven dish.
- Gently push some of the goat's cheese into the space you made by cutting the figs.
- Pour some honey over it.
- Sprinkle with some pepper.
- Pop in the oven at 400ºF/200ºC for about 15 minutes.
- When they're nearly done, put your bread in the toaster to make sure it's all ready at the same time.
- And then just enjoy!