Friday, February 24, 2012

Lovely Movies: the Descendants

Though the story is completely different, the Descendants is somehow very reminiscent of The Kids Are All Right. And that is a great thing! It is actually one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, and I've seen quite some good ones lately.


I love that it's about real people, with real feelings, fears and prejudices. And it deals with pain in a very human and often very funny way. Though jokes and slapstick are quick ways to make people laugh, this movie is the perfect example that the best humor can be found in real life.

  

It's also nice to see that someone as accepted in mainstream movies as George Clooney still takes part in "non-spectacular" movies like this one. And he did a pretty amazing job, might I add.

Have you seen the Descendants yet? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. I have only heard good things about this movie, I will have to check it out. I haven't seen a new movie in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely make me want to see this! I love George Clooney (not in that way, as an actor, seriously!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to seek this out! You always seem to pick films i like! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...