Friday, May 17, 2013

Lovely Movies: Summer Days with Coo

Good news! I discovered another lovely Japanese animation film. Summer Days with Coo is a bit odd, very sad at times -especially the beginning-, but overall just wonderful to watch. And some of the animated backgrounds look so real!


I've always wished that I'd find a fantasy creature somewhere, so movies like this are the next best thing. I had never heard of Kappas before, but apparently they were already a big myth in Japan. And this one's very cute.



And I love how the Japanese often urge people to cherish nature through their amazing animations. Even though these creatures don't exist, their habitats still harbor lots of other animals that need protection.
Who says movies are a bad influence on kids? They can teach great things as well, right?

3 comments:

  1. Shhh They do to exist :)

    I love the imagination and wonder too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I watched an episode of Destination Truth, where they search for the creatures of the legends and Kappas were one of them. They were going through the city and they had stores and every survineer you could think of that had a kappa on it. This movie seems sweets, even with the sadness at the beginning :)

    xo Amber P.
    http://theowlsden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Japanese animation
    especially 'Fairy Tail' and 'Spooky Kitaro'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...