Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dawanda Design Market ->loot

A little while ago I visited the Dawanda Design Market in Amsterdam. It was fantastic! Of course I couldn't resist buying a few treasures for myself.
One of the last -but one of my favorite- shops to visit was Swinging Chicks. I got an amazing handpainted t-shirt and a reversible collar necklace.
But my very first purchase of the day was this amazingly soft fox top from ilovemixtapes. You might want to check them out for owls too, they have loads!


I also picked up a few vintage brooches from Diversitijd. They will definitely pop up in some outfit posts.


And I'm such a fan of necklaces like these! Spullen van Blom had a lot of cute ones, but this one caught my eye immediately.


Near the entrance you could sit down and do some crafting yourself. There were huge crochet hooks and knitting needles and t-shirt yarn in all colors imaginable. Here's one of my projects:


As you can see it was a pretty spectacular day! Had I had a bigger budget I would've bought a lot more even. But I really can't complain, can I? Nevertheless, I'll post some items I missed out on soon.

14 comments:

  1. Wow the necklace is amazing! Beautiful.

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god! That necklace is so gorgeous and completely divine and now I'm off to eye rape the goodies at Swinging Chicks that you've just introduced me to.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks like it must have been an amazing market, do you know if they have a website? You got some amazing bits, the collar is so clever! I haven't been to Amsterdam in years and years but I'm thinking it's long overdue another visit, esepcially for the markets. I'm starting a stall at a flea market here in Cork tomorrow I'm so excited but a bit nervous to see peoples reactions to my stuff. We don't have much of that sort of thing going on here sadly so I really hope it takes off!

    Hope you're great, when things calm down I must send you that email - K xx

    LittleRubyRobin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style! You found some great stuff!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I wish there were markets this good near me!!
    xx PC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally crazy about broaches at the moment, and those ones are so pretty! I think they add something so nicely to outfit posts. This is such an amazing haul! So many beautiful things xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! That's why I'm really excited about Autumn, that's when I bring out the brooches;)

      Delete
  7. Looks like you managed to snag a lovely collection of items :)
    Everything's so colorful and pretty!
    It's really cool how they had a t-shirt yarn crafting station as well - that's definitely not something you see every day. At least not me, anyway. Was it crowded?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the collar necklace! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm your newest follower! I love the fox tank! Great find!

    katelyncarter.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wonderful finds! And so much fun to make something yourself too. I love that you just whipped up something so fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful finds, Laura ,love the collar necklace!
    thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The necklace you made is just awesome!

    Thanks for sharing your job. It is easier for me to find inspiration when there are jobs like the one you make.
    I share your blog in my blog, I hope it is ok.

    Have a look to my firt tshirt yarn...
    http://cansie.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/collar-de-trapillo-y-macrame-ya-esta.html

    Thanks for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...