Friday, March 11, 2011

Lovely Movies

Taking Woodstock is one of the greatest movies I've seen in a while. To recreate such a phenomenal event and have everyone look like they're from that time is quite an achievement. They have worked closely with the people that made the actual festival happen, which is probably one of the reasons why it turned out so well.


It often helps when great directors and actors get together and I have to say this is quite a cast: Emile Hirsch(from Into the Wild), Imelda Staunton, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Liev Schreiber, Eugene Levy and you may or may not recognize him from the photo above: Paul Dano, "the brother" of Little Miss Sunshine. The lead actor Demitri Martin did a very good job and the director was great, but honestly what else would you expect from Ang Lee?


The dvd comes with amazing extras! A lot of really interesting background info and interviews.
From any historical movies this is probably my favorite.

When you see the story you realise how amazing it is that they made Woodstock happen. So much could've stopped the whole thing, and I'm so glad that didn't happen. Even though I often don't like the crowds on festivals and drugs isn't really my thing, I really wish I could've been there. And then to think how cheap it was to get in?!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion- I love Emile Hirsch and had no idea Ang Lee directed this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one looks cool, haven't heard of it until now!
    Hugs and a lovely Sunday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a really great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to watch this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...