Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Owl Things Considered

You've probably all heard about the cool owl movie that's being released later this month: "Legend of the Guardians: the Owls of Ga'Hoole". I don't actually want to discuss the movie right now, but I will post about it later when I've actually seen it. And if there's going to be a lot of merchandise made, I'm sure there will be many more posts on the matter.


When I first saw the movie trailer I wouldn't have guessed it was derived from a series of books. I know it's a children's series but the covers got me so excited I might actually give it a go. Have you seen the amazing cover art?!


What's also very cool, although a bit useless, are these "playaway" audiobooks, a preloaded mp3 player with the awesome cover printed on the front. If you want to read the whole series this would get really expensive really quick, and it's such a waste that it only holds so little (although it would be cool if you could load more onto it...). But if they ever were to make iPods with owl print I'd be the first in line.

P.S. Another US/Canada giveaway coming very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! First time here but I am coming back for sure!
    xoxo
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot that it was based on a book! Thanks for the reminder...added to my "books to read" list. You are making all my lists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trailer looks amazing for this film. I didn't know it was based on books. I'll have to check them out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...