Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mixed Shelf #26

After my first venture into epic fantasy, I'm now reading something a bit more familiar to me again: a children's book about fairies. And one in which the fairy- and the human world collide, which is something I tend to love.


Wanting: Dreamwood by Heather Mackey
I need to read this book! Not only is it one of those stories that immediately speaks to me (Girl having to travel through a magical forest in order to save her father, who is an expert on the supernatural.), but the illustrations are done by Teagan White, so that can only mean we're in for a real treat here! The cover itself is gorgeous already.



Reading: The Various by Steve Augarde
The Various is the first in a trilogy, which is very interesting time-wise as the second book is set 70 years before the first, and the third actually combines both periods of time. So far, I really like it. Some parts are slow because the author sometimes goes into a lot of detail explaining things, but I still love the story and the writing style.


Waiting: The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
This is one of those books I was really looking forward to, but apparently not quite enough to read it right away. I've also heard mixed things about it, but I'm still quite excited to read it myself and see what I think. It is apparently very dark, in fact, it's actually labelled as YA horror. I was expecting something lighter, so we'll see how I like it...



Do you have any stories to recommend that have a nice mix of the real world and a magical fantasy?
Or are you reading something good of an entirely different genre at the moment?


1 comment:

  1. I really love the starcrossed trilogy by josephine angelini =] such a good read!

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...