Monday, August 11, 2014

Mixed Shelf #12

I've read a lot of YA recently, but after finishing the Divergent trilogy I am now venturing into historical fiction. It's a genre I haven't read that much of yet, but I definitely plan on reading more! It's keeping me quite entertained.


Wanting: Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
This book is getting pretty much only good publicity. Or at least I haven't heard anything bad about it so far. I haven't made my mind up if I am actually going to read it though. The premise is quite depressing, as the book follows a woman while she awaits her execution. I think it's even based on a true story, which probably indicates a sad ending.


Reading: Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
This is such a delightful book so far. Perhaps it is something you need to be in the mood for, but I most certainly am. It's quite slow-paced, but enough happens to keep the reader interested. Also, I just really enjoy the main characters and the change of perspective between them. Also, this book is filled with fossils, and that is so rare in fiction! 



Waiting: the Girl in the Blue Beret by Bobbie Ann Mason
Honestly, I can not tell you a great deal about this book. I actually picked it up in a sale-by-weight event and mostly because I liked the cover. The main character was rescued by a girl -in a blue beret, of course- in the war and can't stop thinking about her. It could be great or it could be boring. I just need to pick it up and try it at some point.




What have you been reading? And do you have any historical fiction you can really recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...