Saturday, June 11, 2016

(mtb) Joining the 21-Day Decluttering Challenge


It's been a while since I did one of these! But whenever you see a (mtb) post you can be sure that I am very motivated and busy making changes. Currently, I'm focussed on minimalism again. I just started the minimalism game (which I might blog about later) and as luck would have it, I found a 21-Day Decluttering Challenge today that only just went live.


Courtney Carver is a name I'd come across before. Her "project 333" is something I'd heard many people talk about, but had no intention of trying myself. However, I am really liking this decluttering challenge so far!

I like that it begins with laying a solid personal foundation of why you're doing it. It doesn't dive into getting rid of an x amount of this and an x amount of that. Instead it starts you off with a very clear motivation that will (hopefully) help you stick with the challenge (and your own decluttering project) until you are exactly where you want to be.

Defining and visualizing "the why" is also covered in the set-up of the KonMari book, which I'll admit I kind of skipped there. But because this challenge is paced, I actually wrote down what I want from this experience.

-

The challenges should only take about 15 to 30 minutes a day, and Courtney also stresses that you work at your own pace. So this sounds like a very doable project! Even if you're low on energy or are busy with work/other things.


Like I said, this only just started, and since there hasn't been any decluttering so far, it would be very easy to still catch up. Are you planning on joining? Or do you maybe have some other project you love?

~

In "making things better" I share what is helping me better my life while hopefully inspiring others in the process. It might include things that either don't apply to you, or that you disagree with. That is fine too. Read it, think about it, and decide for yourself whether it can also make things better for you.


3 comments:

  1. Funny, I've literally started embarking on a whole house declutter out of the blue, a week or so ago - perfect timing for this post, will follow up on those links - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice coincidence! I hope any of these links help:) Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I watched The Minimalists' documentary film last week and came across Courtney Carver in it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...