Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2013 in Books

My reading goal for 2013 was 50 books. At first it was easy and I was steadily reading one book a week, then life caught up with me and I found myself rushing to catch up and finishing the 50th in 45 minutes before 2014!


Anyway, I've been wanting to take a picture of "the pile" for a while now and finally did so today. If you wonder why there are three turned books, it's because I don't have the ones I read with me right now, but went with similar sized books. And in case you are wondering… they stand for:

  • the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
  • Old Magic by Marianne Curley
  • the Borrowers by Mary Norton

It also makes sense to tell you about my favorites. I read many good books this year, but the two I keep thinking about and that I loved the most are: About a Girl by Joanne Horniman, because it was so poetic and simple and realistic. And the Clockwork Three by Matthew Kirby, the best middle grade adventure book anyone could ever ask for. It had a touch of magic, some suspense and some beautiful friendships.


Something else I thoroughly enjoyed was the Tiffany Aching series by Terry Pratchett. I hadn't read anything from him prior to these, but they really got me hooked!

-
Did you read a lot last year? What were your favorites?
-

Hopefully I'll do book posts more regularly again. And if you're interested in reading more about what I'm reading or being book-buddies, feel free to add me on Goodreads.



7 comments:

  1. The Clockwork Three is such a good book! I thoroughly enjoyed it and i plan on reading it again in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great looking stacks! Might have to check some of these out. I definitely ready more in 2013 than I have in the several years preceding. It just seemed like I never had enough time. Ready to start book #2 of 2014.

    http://www.somethingmonumental.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some great books. I need to read more really!! Blogging takes up to much time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah, this is brilliant! I think I need to do something similar this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. man that is a lot of books :) i rarely read more than 12-15 books a year, once a month is apparently my default speed haha. I'd really like to start reading some terry pratchett!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Laura! That's A LOT of books! Congrats on having met your goal right no time :p. I think I now want to check out About a Girl. I'm going to see if we have it at my library.

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh 50 how awesome! Congrats :D

    I want to squeeze in more time for books. I probably started reading 5 or 6 books last year and just stopped.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...